I was surprised when I counted up the number of books recorded this year on my Goodreads log—many less than my usual 30 - 40. Of course, that was only novels I’d recorded. I’ve read many books in the name of research this year.
Here are my ten favorites, in no particular order:
1. The Sleeping Dictionary, by Sujata Massey
2. Calling Me Home, by Julie Kibler
3. The Painted Girls, by Cathy Marie Buchanan
4. Hemingway’s Girl, by Erika Robuck
5. Cold Days, by Jim Butcher
6. The Fireman’s Homecoming, by Allie Pleiter
7. Smarty Bones, by Carolyn Haines
8. The Ides of April, by Lindsey Davis
9. Songs of Willow Frost, by Jamie Ford
10. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. (Audiobook, read by Sissy Spacek.
What were some of your favorites this year?
Here’s to authors everywhere, and to more great reading in the New Year. Happy Holidays!