I’ve read about 40 books this year and will most likely add two or three more before stepping into 2013. Looking over the My Books list at the Goodreads site--love this way of keeping track!-- I’ve picked out my top ten favorites. In addition to enjoying the entertainment aspect of a variety of genres, I am always inspired by stellar writing and storytelling. I am grateful to so many authors for sharing the bright light of their talent.
In no particular order:
1. Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand, by Helen Simonson
2. The Garden of Happy Endings, by Barbara O’Neal
3. The Land of Decoration, by Grace McCleen
4. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford
5. Miss Perigrine’s Home for Peculiar Children,
by Ransom Riggs
6. Peaches for Father Francis, by Joanne Harris
7. The Underside of Joy, by Seré Prince Halverson
8. Changes, by Jim Butcher
9. Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian, by Eoin Colfer
10. Traveling with Pomegranates: A Mother-Daughter Story,
by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor
What’s on your list?
Happy holidays…and best wishes for a wonderful and productive 2013.